29 December 2009

Steve's Strength Ride

I managed to make it to the gym today after all, to Steve's spin class. Turns out it was a strength ride, meaning it was a light warm up, roughly 35 minutes of straight climb (steadily increasing resistance/road), and a short cool-down. Though it was painful to get through, I kept thinking that I'd like LA Fitness even more if it had instructors like the Centre Club.

Spin Bike, 43 minutes.
Mid to Hard road. Short cool down and stretch.
Song that got me through it: Feelin' Alright, Joe Cocker



In other news, those awesome shoes are actually 185.00, NOT 130.00.
Ouch.

I went to the Nike store today at Woodfield Mall and tried on a pair - they feel awesome. I'm not entirely sure though, that I can justify spending so much money on a pair of shoes. This Tri will not be cheap for me in the first place with the gear that I actually need to purchase (full body wet suit and appropriate swim accessories, bike tune up, and more than likely some upgrades) and I'm not sure I feel comfortable spending so much on running shoes just because I like them (admittedly a lot.) We shall see.

No comments: