12 February 2010

Because Nick Told Me To...

When I confessed earlier to Nick that I hadn't been keeping up with logging my workouts, she told me I needed to get on it. She also laid on some additional guilt trips, but I won't necessarily get into it. So while it's true that I have been super lazy about updating this guy, I can honestly say that I haven't been that lazy about my gym experiences. I've been working on actually running - on the treadmill - NOT doing the elliptical. I've been integrating it into my routine slowly, and it's been painful, but it's been good.

Today's workout was good - not exactly what I wanted, but decent. It was my first workout with my recently purchased iPod armband, which was NICE. I started in the pool, moved to the bike, and finally to the treadmill. I wanted to do the distance of the Tri, even if I didn't go hard... but it's a bit difficult to track. The swim and the treadmill are easy, of course, the distance is measured for me. But spin bikes have no distance tracking capability, so I guestimated the time it's going to take me to go 6 miles and went with it. It'll be easier when I can ride outside, which reminds me, I need to get Sammy (my bike) tuned up and ready to go.

Swim: 500 yrds, 10:11. 350 yrds freestyle, 150 yrds breaststroke.
I was not impressed with this time. I should be under 10:00 - but to satisfy my own disappointment, I'll keep telling myself that I was not planning on the 500yrds when I started, nor was I going for the time. It was when I was at 8:13 for the 400 yrd mark when I decided to go for it.

Spin Bike : 30 minutes.
I kept my heart rate mainly between 135 and 151 - not super exciting. I did some hills, some jumps, but I really wanted to focus on just riding. I'm not going to have fancy things to do during my actual ride. I should really focus on my pedal stroke.

Treadmill : 20 minutes, including a cool down.
Started off walking .25 mi "uphill," ran .25 mi on flat, walked .25 on a hill, and ran another .25 miles. I wanted to continue this trend until the 2 mi mark, but honestly, I was tired of being at the gym, and I was wanting a shower.

Surprisingly I don't feel as sore as I thought I might. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning... for now, I watch the Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies!

I'll try to be better about these updates, Nick. :-)

No comments: