26 January 2010

The Early Bird Gets... the worm?

I gotta be honest. Getting up at ten after 5 this morning was NOT something I wanted to do. I had zero motivation go to the gym, except for the Nick, who had already made us pack a gym bag the night before. All I kept thinking about on the drive to the gym was how I'd rather be sleeping - gaining a precious few extra hours before my first long Tuesday night of the semester. Even as I pulled into the parking spot, walked in the doors, changed and filled my water bottle, I couldn't decide what I even wanted to do at the gym. Nothing seemed all that enticing. I checked out the stairmaster, but thought that might kill me... so I ended up on the elliptical. It's a pretty decent failsafe. I put on my "Workout 12.30" playlist and casually started at a jogging pace. I went through the first couple of "hills" and finally gained momentum around the last 10 minutes or so. It was a hard battle against myself today.

Elliptical: 33 minutes. 2.5 miles.
I actually kept my arms moving the whole time today - via the moving arm "things" for a lack of a better word. It's the first time I've done that. Generally I try not to use them, leaning towards improving my balance instead by not holding on to anything. But today I figured my arms could use the extra jolt.

Weights 10(ish) minutes
Calf machine - 3 sets of 15: 90lbs each time.
Quad machine - 3 sets of 15: 105lbs, 90lbs, 105lbs.

No comments: